Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weekend

Our trip to Dallas was NOT so exciting! Well besides seeing my parents and going to church it was AWFUL! It is really hard to see a house that you love and have lots of memories not look good when you go to see it. We honestly didn't even recognize our house. It has rained a ton in the area and when that happens you need to mow frequently. The yard looked awful besides the flowers that I had planted last spring. There were weeds growing like crazy and the side of the house looked like a jungle. The backyard was awful with a grill toppled over and charcoal all over the place. The weeds were growing like crazy back there as well. I don't think they had ever mowed the backyard. Not to mention how much trash was in the yard with cigarette butts and beer bottles. YUCK! I have pictures I will post as soon as my neighbor emails them to me. We were really disappointed with how the tenants were taking care of our house. They were 21 days late last month which was our deciding factor in getting up there. I am really glad we did. We found out they were unable to pay this month so they got their eviction notice and are supposed be out by Thursday evening. I hope and pray that Heavenly Father is mindful of our situation and will help us to be able to sell the house. That is what we really need right now. So if any of you know anyone that needs to buy a house please think of us in Celina!
Other than that everything else was GREAT! We got to spend some time with some of our neighbors. Thanks Ron and Anna and Darla for helping us with the yard! You guys are seriously AWESOME! We really appreciate your willingness to help us out and hurrying to do it as well before it rained! Darla if you read this: Thank you for lunch! You are so sweet.
We came home that night and had dinner with my mom and dad! Thanks mom for making such delicious lasagna and cake! The cake was awesome! Clay and I ate some last night after the kids went to bed.
It was also fun seeing everyone at church. We really do miss our ward out there. We love it here, but there is nothing like going home where you know most everyone. I still don't know very many people in the ward that we are in now.
I am trying to think positively and know that Heavenly Father will take care of us. We will more than likely be back again in two weeks to make sure the house is ready to be back on the market.

2 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Oh how awful! Hope those tenants leave easily for you. We'll be praying for you!

Chrystalee said...

I drove past Sunday night and was amazed at the huge turn-around in the yard. I had no idea you guys did that. You should have called, we'd have been over in a heartbeat. : )

Glad to see you Sunday. Hope they leave peacefully and it sells quickly.

Love you.