Followers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 5th Wedding Anniversary! I can't believe that it has been 5 years since we got married. We now have two beautiful girls! We enjoy being married. This past year has actually been great! I think we are finally understanding each other! I can't believe it took 5 years, but I guess that is what you get when you only know each other a year before you get married.

Things I love about Clay:
1. He is my best friend! I have never had a best friend (very good friends, but never that one best friend)! I can safely say that Clay is definitely my best friend.
2. I love that he makes me laugh!
3. I love when he watches chick flick movies with me... (and cries :)
4. I love that he gives me everything that I need and want! He is a good provider for our family and is supportive of the decision we have made for me to stay home.
5. I love how forgiving he is! This is VERY important in marriage!
6. I love when he plays with our girls and makes them laugh! It is a joy to see him so close to them!
7. I love that he loves me for me! I have things I need to improve and he loves me through them!
8. I love that he is a faithful and worthy priesthood holder! He amazes me with his testimony and love for our Savior!
9. I love that he gives me WONDERFUL back massages! They are the best especially when I am sore from working out!
10. Most of all, I LOVE that he is an EXAMPLE to me. He makes me want to be a better person! He is my hero and my life.

Clay...I am so proud to be married to you! I love you very much. Thank you for making me a part of your family 5 years ago. It has been a tough road, but I know that it can only get better for us! Thank you for loving me and being an example to me! Thank you for being the BEST Daddy ever to our beautiful daughters. They love you so much! I am so thankful to you for all that you do for our family! Love, Amber Lee

Now that the mushy stuff is over it is time for me to head out the door. With NO kids we have decided to go to San Antonio for the weekend!!! Yeah...temple session in the morning, massages after that, and a day at Schlitterban Water park!

8 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

What fun! A getaway for just the two of you! Enjoy! And Happy Anniversary! It's funny how in love we think we are when we first get married, eh?! And then as the years pass, it just keeps getting better!

Bethanne said...

5 Years? Sweet! You are an old married couple now! :) I agree though; marriage is like fine wine...gets better over time!

Juli said...

Happy Anniversary!

The A Team said...

what a great post! happy anniversary!

Just Us said...

No worries on the check...I am still waiting for 1 person before I send your stuff. I will tell you know though, quite a few people did this months and next (some even did 3 months) so there will be a lot of stuff, but it should cut down on shipping for the next month!!

Just Us said...

BTW happy 5th...we just had our 4th, but Eric was OOT so we didn't do anything fun :0(

The Bynum Family said...

Great post Amber! Hope you two had a wonderful Anniversary!

Colette and Lance said...

Yeah for y'all! Lance and I will be 6 years this Sunday! Can't imagine life without my best friend.