Followers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Is there an afterlife? YES!

This afternoon I was watching The View and the question was raised during Hot Topics, "Do you believe in an afterlife?" As the ladies were giving their answers it became more clear to me how many people really don't know the Plan of Salvation. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have that there is an afterlife. I know that when we die that there is an afterlife. I am thankful for this knowledge. How scary would death be if we didn't know what was to happen to us? I know I would be scared to die. I am so grateful for a church that teaches clearly what happens once we die. I know that Heavenly Father is a just God. He is going to take careful considerations in how we are judged. One of the ladies on the View used to be a Jehovah's Witness and she said that only 144,000 people would be able to live with Jesus Christ. What an AWFUL concept. I know that through our faith and through our actions in this life and by receiving the ordinances that given way back to Adam and Eve we can live with our Savior and our Heavenly Father again. This topic really made me start to think how thankful I am for the restored Church of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for Joseph Smith and his desire to know which church to join. I realized how important it is for me to teach my children those precious truths that we know and sometimes take for granted. Sorry about bearing my testimony. This is kind of my journal and I felt strongly I needed to write this down.

1 comment:

A said...

Amber, you have such a strong, sweet testimony, and I enjoy reading it throughout your posts. You are an awesome person and it sounds like an amazing wife and mommy!