Followers

Monday, May 18, 2009

house cleaning

This weekend we took another trip to our house in Celina. What a money hole that thing is becoming! As you know from previous posts we evicted our tenants based on numerous reasons. We had to go back this weekend to clean up. I thought for sure they would have cleaned a little when they left. Boy was I WRONG! I have NEVER seen a house so dirty in my life. How can you live like that? I should have brought my camera and taken pictures, but I didn't. Probably for the better. I don't want to remember my house being that way. Their dogs chewed the door jams, chewed a deadbolt, and scratched the heck out of the back door. As well as peed all over our carpets. If we rent this house again NO DOGS! We spent from 8:30 am to about 4:00 pm working. I cleaned the inside and Clay worked on the jungle of a yard! Just to give you an idea of how dirty the carpets were...I listened to the whole Hannah Montana soundtrack and half of the Police soundtrack while vacuuming. My arms are so sore from that. I think part of the problem was the vacuum. We borrowed my mom's vacuum and I have to say that was the HEAVIEST vacuum I have ever used. At least it is cleaned now! Still not ready to go on the market. The carpets look HORRIBLE! They were in the house for 2 months and the carpets looked worse than when we had the carpets cleaned after 4 years! After seeing this I realized that I do keep a pretty clean house. Not always organized, but at least it is clean! I am so glad to be home!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

How awful Amber! I'm so sorry they treated your house that way. I would have been so angry. I hope you are able to sell it ASAP. Good luck with everything!

The A Team said...

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry. you can call me next time you find yourself out here. i'm a good cleaner and my vacuum isn't super heavy. :)