Followers

Friday, January 16, 2009

We are getting a piano!!!

Sorry that you have to scroll down so much to see it and that it is a bit blurry. The picture came out really small and I can't seem to make it bigger without making it more blurry. Anyway... the story behind the piano! We spent Christmas with the Hooten family this year. We went to a Christmas dinner that most of Clay's cousins were at. He has a cousin, Mike, that lives in Denver and just bought a house there. The piano came with the house. While we were at the dinner Elyse was up on the stage playing with the piano that was there. While she was playing we started talking to his cousin about it. He said that he had a piano that he would GIVE to us. WHAT?!?! Did I hear that correctly! Yup!!! We will be the proud owners of a piano in June when we can go out and pick it up! Thanks Clay for humoring me! Now I can take lessons and learn the piano before the girls! I am soooo excited!
Big Thank you to Mike for letting us have the piano!!!

2 comments:

Bethanne said...

YEA!

Dan's parents gave us their old piano and I LOVE listening to Dan and the kids play (they don't even bang on the keys or anything)...I can't play a lick, but I love having it in our home!

LaFish said...

Ohhhh - how fun! What a great deal and so neat to be able to have you and the girls take lessons! Umm - we're still waiting on pictures of the new house :)