Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The "Joys" of School!



Posted by Picasa

Elyse started Joy School this week! She was so excited to get back into school. It has been a while since she was in school. If you don't know what Joy School is I will give a brief explanation. Joy school is a bunch of moms that get together and do preschool by switching homes on a weekly basis. We do it two days a week for 2 1/2 hours. We teach basic values in life. They have a preschool curriculum, too. We just decided that most of the kids weren't ready. Elyse is ready, but i will be doing some stuff with her on my own.
Elyse really loves Joy School. It has been nice for her to get to know some other kids in our ward. I really love Joy School as well! It has been nice having a few hours to spend with Madyson. We typically go and run errands that are a little more difficult with two kiddos.

3 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Adorable pic of Elysse! Definitely looks like she was excited! :) Joy school is awesome. It's so hard to find people 'round here who are interested, so we just had to go the official preschool route. So glad you were able to do that. She'll do great!

Brooke said...

How lucky! I wish they did it here too. If they do, I don't know where or who. . . This is the first place I have lived in where I don't know anyone who does it. and it's the first time I have a child old enough. Bummer huh?

Anonymous said...

I had some friends do Joy school many years ago. They took it very seriously and I heard really good things about it. Good for you!