Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years Resolutions


I think that if I write down my New Year's Resolutions for ALL to see than I will more likely be held accountable for them!

2009 New Year's Resolutions

1. Spend quality time with my wonderful girls!
2. Be prepared to teach the CTR 5 class each Sunday!
In the past I have not been too prepared with my primary callings. Hence the reason I think I keep getting called into Primary.
3. BE FIT! I want to lose 25 pounds. This moving thing caused me to gain a little weight that I did not want to see. No, I did not gain that much, but I just want to be down to the weight I was when I became pregnant with Elyse.
4. Write letters to my family each Sunday. I haven't lived far from my family in 6 years. I know that they miss the girls. It is for my benefit as well since I don't keep a very good journal.
5. Meet new people. I want to be better at going out of my comfort zone to be social with others. We have already made some friends here and that has helped tremendously!
6. Scrapbook more often! I loved having the scrapbook group in our last ward even though there was just a couple of us. Each month I would come home with 2 new pages. I am ready to get back on it again!
7. Learn something new! I want to learn how to do something that will make it look like I have talents! Ha! Maybe needle point work, or crocheting or knitting. Something...
8. Give service more often. Now that I actually have time I would like to be better at helping others who are in need. I know that I couln't have done it without the help of some very good friends and sisters in the gospel.
9. Be more creative when it comes to activities to do with my girls. If any of you have ideas that you want to share... I am new to this staying home thing and I need ideas to keep them busy.
10. Talk kinder and be more patient with my wonderful Hubby!

Now that I have shared my New Years Resolutions with you... what are your new year's resolutions? Maybe we can help each other stick to our goals a little better!

Have a Happy and Wonderful 2009!

P.S. Our house is still for sale or lease, so if any of you know anyone who is moving to the area that might want to live in Carter Ranch in Celina let me know! It is a wonderful neighborhood with lots of really cool amenities. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with 1860 square feet. Newly painted. It honestly looks brand new! As it should for only being 4 years old.

6 comments:

Just Us said...

I had some similar goals for 2009-one thing that has helped me is to keep a journal each night of something I am thankful for and 1 thing I accomplished that day. Doing that and looking at the goals daily will help keep me on task. Good luck-I know you can do it!!! As far as with your girls if you get stuck give me a topic and I can tell you what I did when I was working with kids to address it.

Anonymous said...

Those are great resolutions! And don't be so hard on yourself - you have many talents and are very patient! Also, I have a great book on activities to do in the area with kids. I know you're not here any more, but I'd be willing to bet there is a book like it for your area. It saved me many times when I needed a fun outing for my boys.

Kristin said...

Hi Amber! This is Kristin from Elizabeth Ave.! Kelsey gave me your blog address! I am so happy to see that you are doing good and you have a beautiful family. I know we haven't taled in almost a decade but when I think about my childhood I always think about you and Keri hanging out and playing "house". Lol. Well, write back when you get a chance and I will try to keep my blog up to date with current events. Take Care! Love, Kristin

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! I wish you lived closer! We could scrapbook our girls together. I just hate scrapbooking by myself sometimes though - I need a scrapbook buddy!
You have a beautiful family!

Brooke said...

How are you?!!!! I am going to miss scrapbooking too. I haven't touched my scrapbooks since the last time we got together.

I am forcing myself to do "project 365". I am taking a picture daily and semi scrapbooking it. Meaning I journal on the picture and add it to an album. . . my goal is to capture an entire year! We'll see how it goes.

Chrystalee said...

I kept my goals simple for this year. 1. Drink more water 2. Organize the house 3. Increase my cardio 4. Attend the temple regularly

Enjoy your girls!!! You'll never get this time back with them. I try to savor each day...sometimes it's hard (bad moods, harried moments, etc.) but someday I'll look back and be so sad if I don't have these good memories to remember. : )