Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Indy Car 550


The cars were super fast and super loud! As you can tell from this picture.
So last night we had the BEST DATE in a long time! Clay called me on Friday afternoon and asked if I wanted to go to the car races this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway! I totally jumped at the offer. He got them free from work! Although I asked him if he wanted to take a friend instead, but he said no that he wanted to spend time with his wife. I smiled knowing full well that I wanted to hear that from him. We dropped the girls off at my parents house and right as we were leaving Madyson decides to throw up. I don't mean just a little either. I felt really bad and told my mom that I would just take her home. My mom was so sweet and said that she had sick kids before and this was something that she could do for us. I really appreciated my mom taking care of a sick little girl. I am thankful to her for recognizing that we needed this night out! My mom is THE BEST!
I did not know much about racing except what I learned on the movie Cars. Did you know that they really change tires that fast? I wish that they could change my tires that fast and not leave me stranded at Walmart for half the day! Ha!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun! I am glad you were able to go out. Is Mady feeling better? We have been pretty sick over here. . . just high fevers and snot, but I am thinking Ainsley has caught something else. . . she has had an upset stomach since last night. Dang being sick!

My name is Andrea said...

Looks like so much fun!

That stinks when you have sick kiddos...I'm sorry!

I hope she is feeling better.

Eric and Amy said...

YEAH....date night!!! LUCKY! Glad you guys had a great time. And your Mom is fantastic!!! Can she babysit for me?! :)

the longmores said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! That was so nice of your mom to take a sick child. Your trully can't appreciate your parents until you have kids for your self. I'm pretty sure grandma's are superhero's!

Bethanne said...

Yea for moms! Having those nights out are so important! :)

And looks like you guys had a great time...never been myself, but I can only imagine. I mean, I guess I've watched Cars about a thousand times. :)

Ashley said...

looks like a lot of fun! I always love a date night!

Michelle said...

Fun stuff. Race cars. Dates are always fun with the hubbie. Don´t suggest that Clays goes with a friend instead of you too often...it might become a habit. ;)

Jessica Adams said...

Sounds like a way fun date! Gotta love the parents! My mom is totally my best friend now! I love to do everything with her! We had a way fun time in Vegas! Great get away perfect amount of time too! It was nice to want to come home!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness!! I just found your blog!! How are you doing? Your blog is adorable! I hope you are doing well!!