Followers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Brothers!

Elder Minson

I love my brothers! I want everyone to know this because they are two very important people in my life. They will probably never see this, but I want others to know how proud I am of them and the things that they are doing in their lives. They are both serving missions...one is serving for our Church and the other for our Country. My brother Scott is 21 years old and is serving our country. He is in the Marines. Currently he is at Camp Pendleton, CA. He is training to go to Iraq in August. I am so nervous for him, but I know that he is doing the right thing protecting us from danger. It is men like him that give us the freedom that we experience and enjoy. I am so proud of him! I don't have an updated picture of Scott, but he makes a handsome Marine.

My other brother Eric, is 20 years old and serving a mission in Ecquador for our church. I am so proud of him and the decision that he made to serve this mission. It has been difficult for him to learn the language, but the last two companions did not speak much English and that has helped him out a lot. He has been out for 6 months, but has had much progress in those 6 months. He is a bright young man and has grown so much in the gospel these past few years before his mission. I know that his testimony will become deeper as his mission progresses.

I miss both of my brothers very much, but I know that they are doing the work that is required of them at this time. I am proud to call them my brothers!

3 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

You have much to be proud of! Your brothers sound wonderful! Please thank your brother serving for our country. In a crazy time America is having, I feel it is so important for our troops to feel loved and appreciated. Thank you for being so selfless to fight for the rights of others.

Abel and Abby said...

Hey Amber wow it has been a long time, I am glad to see you are doing well your girls are sure cute!

the longmores said...

It is so good to hear about your brothers. I am so impressed with their awesome decisions. I can't even believe how old your brother looks in that picture! He was such a little tot when I knew him.