Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The family

The world we live in today is a scary place. I am so amazed at the changes that have occurred in the not so many years that I have been alive. It really concerns me watching the news and reading on the internet how much the Family is truly under attack. Satan is doing everything in his power to destroy the home. I feel it at times in my own home. I am so thankful for the gospel that teaches us about families and the importance of a true family establishment.
I am always amazed that the leaders of our church know what we need to hear. In primary we are talking about Eternal Families this year. Wow! Can I say that the primary presentation given in October will touch hearts everywhere it is heard. It is so neat to see that these principles are being taught to our future generations. The generations that we need to prepare to meet our Savior. If we think it is bad now I truly cannot image how much worse it will be when my children are grown and have families on their own.
Today I am really touched by the March 2009 Visiting Teaching message. As I was pondering this message I can't help but feel that Heavenly Father has sent us here at this time to be protectors of our families. Think of all the ways that filth can be let into our home... What an important calling our Father in Heaven has given to us as men and women, husbands and wives to honor what he has established since the beginning of time.
Some answers were given to me about how to defend the family in this message. With all the issues that have occurred in the past few years about changing constitution of marriage I have often wondered how I can defend my family without having to go and protest and things like that. It is simple... by teaching my children the importance of marriage and the family I am defending my family. I can't defend all families, but I can defend my family. I can defend my family by putting up barriers to the outside world by teaching my children the gospel, daily scriptures and prayer. I feel Heavenly Father's influence in raising my precious daughters as I do these things. I know that he is there to help us in all things. I know that he wants to help us in raising our children.
i truly believe in the sanctity ofmarriage. I am so thankful to a husband who took me to the temple even though he didn't fully understand the importance. I know that as I teach my daughters to live the gospel they will be able to confront the struggles and challenges that we continue to face. It is only going to get worse and I pray that I can do everything in my power to let my daughters know of the importance of the family.
My heart is so full. I haven't fully pondered the visiting teaching messages in so long and for some reason this particular lesson hit me hard.
I am also attaching a video that some of you may have seen floating around on You Tube. It is entitled "Save the Family" with beautiful music by one of my favorite LDS artists Janice Kapp Perry. Enjo! Okay... Never mind. I cannot figure out how to attach it in my blog. If any of you know how to do this please let me know! I guess just go to You Tube and look it up by its name.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

I agree! It almost seems like you have to strive to do EVERYTHING right just to hold on! I agree it scares me! :)