Followers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

I sure love conference weekend. We usually miss Saturday sessions because we tend to always have something going on, but this weekend I was able to at least get in the 1st session live and then the 2nd session I watched while Clay was at the Priesthood session and after I put my girls to bed. The talk that I came away with the most out of was Elder Holland's talk. I love how he talks. He reminds me of my dad for some reason. I loved his talk on angels. I cried throughout his whole talk because I had a witness during that talk that I have had angels watching over me and my family. I felt so strongly of this during the time that Clay was laid off. We have felt comforted and at peace. We have also had many angels on earth in mortality that have watched out for our family. I want to thank those "Angels" who have helped me or my family. We have been so blessed by those around us in our time of need. I don't know I can ever repay the generosity that has been given unto us. I know that someday I will have the opportunity to repay in a way of me being an angel to someone. I love this gospel. I love how caring we are for each other. It truly is the work of the Lord. I know this with all of my heart.
Clay left this afternoon to start his new job in San Angelo. He is really excited about this. I am looking forward to this move not because I want to get away from here (I love it here!). I just want to meet new people and have more opportunities to share the gospel with my neighbors.I look forward to serving in the kingdom of our Savior. I know that our family is doing the right thing. This is what our Heavenly Father wants us to do at this time.

1 comment:

Bethanne said...

Conference was wonderful, wasn't it? Such hope and happiness and "enjoy the journey" type messages. Loved it!