Followers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

1st week

I thought that I would catch everyone up on my first week of student teaching. It has been really busy that is for sure! My mentor teacher is really intense and I had a hard time with her for the first few days. We had a nice chat on Friday and I feel much better about her now. I will be teaching my first lesson on Tuesday after the LONG weekend! This middle school has about 5 advanced math classes (algebra). They are piloting a new thing with having an all girl class and an all boy class and the rest of the classes are mixed. I am going to be teaching the all boy class. I am really excited! They seem like a great group of kids and I am anxious to see how this works! I am also taking a night class on Wednesdays. This week was the first class. I drove all the way from Allen to Denton to wait for 45 minutes for a teacher who never showed up. I was pretty upset because I had been at school all day and the last thing I wanted to do was drive for an hour and then sit in a class. Anyway, apparently there was a technology glitch and the teacher didn't know she was supposed to be teaching the class. To me it sounds like someone didn't check his or her email. That is me being a little critical though. This week has been great overall. Clay has the girls twice a week and is finally realizing what I do everyday is not easy! My mom is taking the girls the other days. I am so thankful to her for doing this for me! She is really helping us out a bunch. I love you Mom!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sad to hear that your teacher ditched you after a long day of teaching. I can't wait to hear about your all boy class. That sounds scary to me. :)

le said...

Hey Amber, of course I remember you. Good to hear from you. I'll have to check up on your blog.

Eric and Amy said...

You sound so busy! Hope next week goes better. Good luck with those boys. That should be fun! :)

The Bigelows said...

Thank you .... we were married in the Idaho Falls Temple!

Bethanne said...

Wow, sounds crazy and BUSY. Glad you survived and that'll you'll teach on Tuesday. You'll do great. All boy's though? Brave girl. :)

Gary Church said...

Oooh. All boys. You are braver than I!! YEA for Clay's new realization ... maybe he could teach Gary a thing or two. lol.

Anonymous said...

An all boy class...I will be SO interested to hear more about that. You will do fabulously this semester and I'll look forward to hearing more!