Followers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mady's 2nd birthday!

Happy Birthday Mady!

I cannot believe that my youngest is already 2! How fast time flies. She is such an adorable 2 year old with her super blond hair and bright blue eyes! She brings so much happiness into my life with her happy go lucky attitude. She really is a happy little girl. She always has a smile on her face. She loves following her big sister around doing big girl things. Madyson loves to read and can be caught talking out loud while turning the pages. I have no idea what she is saying, but she does! In fact, today during nap time she probably read out loud for about 30 minutes before finally giving in to take her nap! Like Mother like daughters!

Last night (Saturday) we took the girls to the lake (less than 10 min from the house) with some Whataburger (wasn't that great and I blew a gazillion weight watcher points on it). It was a little windy, but it felt nice except for the fact that I came down with something the previous day and hadn't been feeling too hot all day and Clay all of a sudden got a really bad headache. We tried to make the best of it, but only lasted about an hour. We got out the fishing poles that Grandpa Minson got for the girls and tried our hand at some "pretend" fishing. Clay didn't actually put a hook on it. He wanted them to practice first. I think they enjoyed the time that we spent with them!

Look at all these presents! You would have thought that she had a HUGE birthday party! Actually this was from all of her Grandmas and Grandpas that couldn't be here today! Thanks everyone for making Madyson's day so special!

"Ummm...this present is really big! I wonder what's in here???"
She was really excited about her Minny Mouse and Daisy Duck. She said, "Oh boy!" This was a hit Mom!
Tonight we had an ice cream cake for Madyson's cake! It was super yummy! I love Baskin and Robbins! What a treat to have a two year old in our home! They are so sweet and I have enjoyed every minute of being a mommy to Madyson!


What Madyson has been learning this year:

*animals and their sounds (dog, cat, cow, duck, sheep, bird)
* we have started working on colors
* Says "please" and "thank you" at the appropriate time! I love this one! It makes my heart melt.
* to talk on the phone! She loves talking on the phone...my little social butterfly!
* can eat with a fork and a spoon. Still using a sippy cup though. For my sake!
* puts away her own toys. And sings the "clean up song" while she does it. It sounds more like "peen up peen up" It's really cute!
* Learned to play with Elyse

Madyson... you bring a special spirit of happiness into our home. Heavenly Father knew that I needed a little girl that had a smile on her face all of the time! I am so proud to be your mommy and look forward to many more birthdays!

*** I can't believe I am all out of babies! :( Time really does go by really fast! Too fast. I need to spend more time cherishing the special moments that I have with my beautiful daughters!

Happy Birthday my sweet Angel!

5 comments:

Chrystalee said...

Guess it's time for another. : )

My name is Andrea said...

Awww, I miss her! Give her a hug and tell her Happy Birthday from me!

I love Baskin Robbins, too!!

Juli said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Mady!

Kitty Minson said...

I really enjoyed this blog. She is so adorable. And she is reading books. It does remind me of you. You are doing a much better job keeping a good record. Happy Birthday Madyson. Grandma and Grandma Minson love you very much.

Eric and Amy said...

I can't believe she's already 2! Time flies for sure!