Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

This past week I had the opportunity to go to Girls Camp with our Stake. It was a GREAT experience. I went up as the craft lady. I had so much fun! They had some really neat crafts that they did. I really LOVED getting to know the girls in our ward. It was a neat experience going as a leader. I had a lot of time to observe because the craft was my only responsibility. These girls are so beautiful! I found love for each of them and I didn't even know them. I wish I could serve the youth of the church. Maybe that is why I loved it so much because I don't get the opportunity to associate with them very often.

We found out yesterday where we are going to be moving....BOSTON! I am stoked! I have NEVER been back east. I am really looking forward to it. I know the winters are going to be cold, but I grew up in cold winters. I must say I have been spoiled the past 8 years that I have lived in Texas. I am going to miss Texas. It is my home. I have been praying that the Lord would send us where he needed us to be. I am sure this is where we are supposed to be for the next two years.

I leave on Monday for California. I am really excited. I get to go see my nephew and my new sister in law! And of course my brother. We are going to Disneyland next Friday. I can't wait to take my girls! I promise there will be pictures to come!

6 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

WOW! Boston?! That's so exciting. As a high schooler, on my overwhelmed and exhausting days...I always wanted to escape to Boston. Have never been. But I guess I pictured it it my mind as a good escape. :) I'm sure you'll love it! Texas will miss you!!!

Jenny said...

Hooray! You're heading my way :) You'll only be 5 hours away. That's where Erik served his mission so I know we'll be taking a trip up there while we live in Pennsylvania. We definitely need to get together :) How much longer before you move?? How exciting! It is so beautiful here out east. Seriously gorgeous, I think you'll like it. Other than the winters of course ;)

Jessica Adams said...

How fun! Disneyland and Boston! What brings you there?

Jess said...

I am so excited! I look forward to seeing you guys on thursday!

Colette and Lance said...

Lance is jealous! He served in Boston and hasn't been back since. He does not miss trying to ride a bike in the winter, but is beautiful!

Have fun at Disneyland!

Bethanne said...

Boston? How fun...Dan and I almost moved to Boston for a graduate program 4 years ago and I was SOOOOO excited to go (the year the Sox won the World Series). Even though he got accepted, it just wasn't supposed to happen for us in the end. I was SO sad!

You will LOVE it up there...the prettiest falls you have ever seen.