Followers

Friday, December 5, 2008

I DID IT!!! My last day of Student Teaching was today. It was bitter sweet for me. I have grown to love the kids, but at the same time I am ready to be finished. I have had so much fun during this past year. I really liked my last mentor teacher. She is the one that I can give all of my credit to for all I have learned about being in the classroom. I had her as a mentor teacher last semester as well. I have seen improvement in myself from when I taught my first lesson last semester in her classroom to teaching the last lesson yesterday. I love teaching and having fun with them. Yesterday I made the kids laugh and I had to laugh with them because it was funny. I talked to inanimate cubes. A long story, but I got my point across on fractions and mixed numbers!!! Most of them got 100s on their homework last night and that makes me happy that they understood the lesson that I gave even though I looked like a complete idiot! LOL. College has been one of the best times of school for me. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I am going to be taking a break from school for a few years, but don't be surprised if you find that I have gone back for a master's degree. I need a break right now though.

BY the way... I am having a graduation party/ going away party on Friday the 12th of December. If you are in the area and have nothing to do come and say by to us! It is at Valerie Sauter's home in McKinney. The address is:

4104 Carmel Mountain Dr, McKinney, TX 75070

It is an Open House and it starts at 4:30 pm.

We would love to see all of you come and see us off!!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

congrats on being done! IT is such an awesome feeling!

My name is Andrea said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Congrats! You rock!!!
I can't make it to the open house because that is the same night as the Ward Christmas party and I have to decorate.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I´m still waiting for the day I graduate. I wish I could be there for your graduation party and going away thing - ma -gig...but its a bit tough living so far away. But congrats anyways.

Bethanne said...

Congrats! That is awesome...and I know it feels great to be done!

BTW, I love the new pics on the sidebar. Very Cute!

A said...

Congrats! I know just how you feel although I think I must be a grouch because I didn't absolutely love my mentor teacher or my students.

Jenny said...

Congratulations Amber! What an amazing accomplishment! Wish I could be there to congratulate you and celebrate :) Good luck with your new move!

The Bynum Family said...

Way to go Amber!!! Congratulations! I wish we could come see you guys off. Call us sometime when you get settled over there and when you get there you have to check out this fun little shop in downtown called Eggemyers!

Anonymous said...

Amber, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you! It's so good to hear how much you have enjoyed the ride!