Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Job update

So it looks like I have a request to post about our job situation. Thanks Crystalee for the reminder! Clay did the job with the air force base here in San Angelo. He started about 3 weeks ago. HUGE pay cut, but what else can we do in this economy. We will make it work. As far as my job...I had that interview in October. I did NOT get that job. I was really disappointed, but became ok with it once Clay got his job. I did get another job I applied for. It is not an official teaching job. I am a teacher's aide in a math classroom. SAISD is a really hard school district to get into for obvious reasons. The first is that there is a pretty big university in town so they hire their student teachers. The second reason is that it is such a small town with no other school districts around competing for teaching jobs. Anyway...I took this job because they told me if I did this I will have a permanent job in the fall whether it is at this jr. high or at another. It works out because Elyse will be in Kindergarten in the fall and I will only have to pay for one child to be in daycare.
In other news...we have decided we need a bigger house. Our 1100 ft2 house is not cutting it. We are moving to a much larger home for only $200 more than what we are currently paying. We are renting it from a family in our ward who is moving to San Antonio. I couldn't be happier. The only bad part of this is that I have to be out of our current house on the 1st and we can't start moving in until the 26th. It should be an interesting next few weeks!
I was in Dallas on Tuesday night. My piano teacher called and asked me if I would drive with her. She had a friend pass away that lived in Denton and didn't want to go by herself. I really felt that I needed to go so a few hours later we were on our way. I was able to go home for the night. My brother just returned home from his mission about 3 weeks ago. He gave his report to the high council on Tuesday night. I was so happy that I was able to be there for that. The Lord truly blesses us!
Anyway...sorry about my super long post. I hope that answers any questions you all have had about our family!

3 comments:

Chrystalee said...

Sounds like things are turning out just fine. : ) That's GREAT about the piano! It can be an amazingly soothing pasttime. It's such a great outlet for ALL emotions! I know this will bless your life in ways you are not even aware of. It will also bless SO MANY people around you, beyond your family. Hope all goes well for you in the fall.

We are good. Going to CO for Christmas. It will be the first time we have been together with everyone in I can't count the years. We all see eachother but on an individual basis so this is VERY exciting for us.

The dining room needs another coat of the Chai Spice color and Ryleigh has been asking me when I'll repaint her room. I've got the paint, I've had it for a number of years, it's just a matter of finding the energy to tackle the project. I promise to have it done before the summer. : )

Eric and Amy said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't he?! So glad Clay was able to find something ... and you too! Should you ever find your way back out here again, I know you'd be able to get a teaching gig in no time. We miss you and hope these next few weeks will be as easy as possible ... given you'll be moving and celebrating Christmas! :) Good luck and know we're thinking of you!

Chrystalee said...

Hey, it's Christmas card season and I don't have your address. Give me a call or email with the info. candsthompson@gmail.com

214-774-2165